Chance of rain, thunderstorms forecasted for this afternoon

Weather
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

SAN DIEGO - A low-pressure system sweeping through Southern California could bring showers and thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon.

As moisture from Hurricane Rosa - now a tropical depression - leaves the region and the storm system is expected to reach San Diego County Wednesday morning and remain through Thursday morning.

There’s a roughly 35 percent chance of rain in the morning and a 65 percent chance in the afternoon.

Send FOX 5 weather photos

National Weather Service meteorologists said the storm will drop over a quarter-inch of rain in mountain areas and less than one-tenth of an inch in desert areas.

San Diego is expected to receive around one-tenth of an inch of rain and coastal areas are expected to get over one-tenth of an inch.

Weather News

Send us Weather Photos

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News