Woman badly burned by hash oil explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO — A woman was severely burned Thursday night when butane used to extract hash oil exploded in an East Village apartment, authorities said.

San Diego police officers and firefighters rushed to an apartment complex on F Street at Ninth Avenue after the explosion about 8:45 p.m. Thursday, and arrived to find the building in flames, police said.

Investigators said a man was trying to process hash oil in the kitchen of a third-floor apartment when the butane used in the process exploded, causing a two-alarm fire. A woman in the apartment suffered severe burns in the fire and was taken to a hospital to be treated, according to police and the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

San Diego Police Department’s Narcotic Task Force was looking into the incident, police said.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News