Santee storage unit blast injures man

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO – A man was injured Sunday afternoon after an explosion at a storage unit in Santee.

Around 12:15 p.m. firefighters and sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene in the 10100 block of Mission Gorge Road, according to Heartland Fire and Rescue.   When a compressor was turned on, fumes from a stored vehicle ignited, according to fire investigators.

A man was injured during the explosion, according to firefighters.  He suffered second degree burns to 9 percent of his back.

The victim was the owner of the vehicle and was the one who started the compressor, investigators said.

The amount of damage to property at the storage facility was not disclosed.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News