Ohio father admits toddler died after eating his drugs

News

Anthony Worthington pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter Friday after his daughter died from consuming drugs found in their home.

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CINCINNATI, Ohio  — A 40-year-old father admitted that his 1-year-old daughter died after eating his drugs, which she found in their Colerain Township home.

Prosecutors said Reagan Worthington died from swallowing fentanyl in January. Police also recovered heroin and meth that her father, Anthony Worthington, sold out of their home.

After first responders found the girl unresponsive and not breathing Jan. 4, Worthington asked his 15-year-old niece to flush a bag of meth down the toilet. According to prosecutors, an officer was able to recover the bag.

Worthington pleaded guilty Friday to involuntary manslaughter, aggravated trafficking, child endangering and evidence tampering.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News