VALLEY CENTER, Calif. — A fire that erupted Monday inside a solar battery storage container prompted nearby buildings to temporarily evacuate in Valley Center, authorities said.

The blaze occurred around 5 p.m. at 29465 Valley Center Rd (Terra-Gen Energy Storage System), according to Valley Center Fire Protection District.

SkyFOX was over the location where smoke could be seen spewing from the storage container.

Around 6:39 p.m., evacuation and shelter-in-place orders were put in place for nearby residents. Those orders as of 8:32 p.m. have since been lifted, authorities said.

Terra-Gen, a renewable energy developer, told FOX 5 Monday evening that the facility’s design systems was helping keep the incident contained.

The blaze is the second Terra-Gen fire in Valley Center since April 2022, according to community officials.

Valley Center Rd, between Cole Grande Rd and Sunset Rd, was also closed for several hours due to the fire.