SAN DIEGO — A variety of holiday events will take place at recreation centers across San Diego this month, the city said Friday in a press release.
Families can enjoy holiday activities, live music, arts and crafts, festive movie showings and more at free events happenings in several neighborhoods.
“December is a month filled with joy and laughter; it’s a time to celebrate the holiday season with loved ones,” said Andy Field, director of the City’s Parks and Recreation Department. “Each year, it is a priority that the Parks and Recreation Department provides various holiday events at our local recreation centers for all San Diegans to enjoy. We are excited to continue helping families and youth embrace the holiday spirit and make long-lasting memories.”
Here’s a full list of recreation centers that will host winter-themed events this holiday season:
- Cookies with Santa at Colonel Irving Salomon San Ysidro Community Activity Center on Wednesday, Dec. 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner with Santa at Silver Wing Recreation Center on Friday, Dec. 16 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Santa Comes to Town at Golden Hill Recreation Center on Sunday, Dec. 18 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Winter Festival at Southcrest Recreation Center on Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Winter Cookie Decorating at Pacific Highlands Ranch Recreation Center on Friday, Dec. 23, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
More information on upcoming San Diego Parks and Recreation events can be found here.
These holiday happenings have something to offer for San Diegans of all ages. The city said it’s sure to be a “fa-la-la fantastic time for the entire family.”