SAN DIEGO — Eight restaurants in Southern California were selected by Michelin for its 2021 California guide.
Michelin is highlighting the California eateries, including five restaurants in San Diego County, ahead of announcements of Bib Gourmands and Stars designations later this month.
“As pioneers for signature, sustainable cuisine and home-grown talent, Californian chefs and restaurant teams continue to inspire us with their creativity and strength throughout the crisis and recovery period,” Gwendal Poullennec, international director of The Michelin Guides, said.
The five San Diego restaurants added to the Michelin Guide California include:
- Callie, 1195 Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
- Menya Ultra, 8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
- Fort Oak, 1011 Fort Stockton Dr, San Diego, CA 92103
- Little Frenchie, 1166 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
- Animae, 969 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA 92101
Three Orange County restaurants were also recognized; Knife Pleat in Costa Mesa, Heritage Barbecue in San Juan Capistrano and Khan Saab in Fullerton.
See more about the restaurants and why they were chosen on the Michelin Guide website.