House fire in Southcrest displaces 9

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO — A late-afternoon fire spread through a Southcrest home Thursday, causing no injuries but leaving nine people in need of emergency lodging.

The blaze in the 4100 block of Gamma Street erupted for unknown reasons shortly before 4 p.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the flames, SDFRD Capt. Joe Amador said.

The American Red Cross was called in to held the displaced residents — six adults and three children — arrange for interim shelter.

The cause of the fire, which apparently erupted on an exterior wall of the residence, was under investigation, the captain said.

Download Fox 5 iPhone app  |  Download Fox 5 Android app

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News