Hillcrest Trader Joe’s evacuated due to carbon monoxide alarm

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO — The Trader Joe’s in Hillcrest was evacuated Friday morning due to elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

An odor of gas was coming from the lofts above the grocery store, according to San Diego Fire. Crews are on scene to do a carbon monoxide reading.

The incident was reported at 9 a.m. at the store located at 1090 University Avenue.

About 50 people were evacuated. One person has been injured.

Check back for updates.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News