POWAY, Calif. – A gas leak prompted workers at businesses in Poway to shelter in place as authorities investigated Tuesday afternoon.
Utility crews were working to halt a natural gas leak alongside Gregg Street, near Flint Place and Community Road in Poway, a San Diego Sheriff’s lieutenant said. The issue was reported around 1:45 p.m.
The cause of the gas leak was not immediately known. The problem has resulted in no injuries or evacuation orders, he said.
An apparent industrial explosion happened in the same area of Poway on June 10 and injured five people and caused extensive structural damage, authorities reported.