SAN DIEGO – A construction crew caused a gas leak in La Jolla Monday afternoon, fire officials said.
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department received a call around 2 p.m. of a gas leak at Pearl and Marine streets. A building was being demolished and a construction crew hit a half-inch gas line, fire officials said.
A nearby taco shop was evacuated until SDG&E crews capped the gas line. The area was cleared by 3 p.m.
Witness told FOX 5 the wind was blowing the gas smell across the area and concerned neighbors.