SAN DIEGO – Firefighters rescued a 23-year-old man who was trapped in the chimney of a Mira Mesa home, officials said.
The rescue began around 4 p.m. Wednesday and lasted around 45 minutes at the home in the 8600 block of Hydra Lane near Sagittarius Road, San Diego Fire-Rescue officials said.
The man reportedly told firefighters he lived at the home where he was rescued. He was taken to a hospital, but was not seriously injured, fire officials said.
It was not immediately clear how or why the man became lodged in the chimney.
8600 Hydra Ln. Crews just extricated a 23 yr old male from a chimney and he was taken to the hospital. The misc rescue took about 45 minutes to accomplish. He says he lives at this house. #rescue #chimney #firefighters pic.twitter.com/GQ1Y6uLsFN
— SDFD (@SDFD) July 12, 2018