Fire in old Victorian leaves family of 5 homeless

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO — An attic fire damaged a Victorian-style home in Logan Heights Tuesday, displacing a family of five and causing an estimate $250,000 in damage.

The non-injury blaze in the 2300 block of Irving Avenue erupted for unknown reasons shortly before 2 p.m. It took crews about 45 minutes to fully extinguish the flames, San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.

The American Red Cross was called in to help the displaced residents — two adults and three children — arrange for interim housing.

The damage was estimated at $200,000 to the structure and $50,000 to contents, Munoz said.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News