Neighborhood ordered to shelter in place because of natural gas leak

News

SAN DIEGO — Crews with the Public Utilities Department were working to stop a gas leak in Carmel Valley.

It happened around noon Monday in the 4500 block of Falcon Ridge Court. A small line in a residential neighborhood was accidentally struck, causing gas to blow out.

One home with two residents was evacuated and surrounding neighbors were told to shelter in place by firefighters, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Firefighters are monitoring the levels of gas and evaluating whether more evacuations should be put in place.

No injuries were reported.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News