VALLEY CENTER, Calif. – Firefighters managed to stop flames from spreading to a home on Wednesday morning after a garage fire broke out in Valley Center.
Crews responded to the home on Guejito Road around midnight and had the fire knocked down in about half an hour. They had trouble fighting the fire because the nearest hydrant was far from the home. Firefighters depleted the tanks in their trucks and had to shuttle water to the scene.
Additional crews were called to help bring water to the home before firefighters eventually attached a 500-foot hose to the hydrant.
It is not believed the 3,500-foot-home sustained any damage from the flames. Firefighters rescued a dog from inside after they heard it barking. It was unclear if anyone was displaced because of the fire. No one was hurt.