Candle blamed for damaging garage in Chollas View fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO – A garage fire sparked by a candle damaged to a Chollas View home Tuesday, authorities said.

Firefighters went to the 700 block of 47th Street shortly before 8:10 a.m. and kept the flames from spreading from the attached garage into the rest of the house, San Diego Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.

It took about 25 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the garage and $50,000 to its contents, Munoz said.

Officers closed northbound and southbound 47th Street between F and Market streets until around 9:20 a.m., San Diego public-affairs Officer Billy Hernandez said.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Most Popular Stories

Latest News

More News