This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — A Southwest Airlines passenger had to put out a fire Wednesday on a flight headed from San Diego when his vape pen overheated in his pocket.

A report by the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services says on a flight from San Diego to Sacramento, a passenger was in the plane’s bathroom when his vape pen started heating up in his pocket.

When he took it out, the lithium battery in the e-cigarette started smoking and caught fire, the report says.

The passenger was able to run it under water to put the fire out.

Cal OES reports a flight attendant put the vape pen in a containment bag before it was handed over to the fire department once the plane landed at Sacramento International Airport.

No one was injured in the incident, according to the report.