SAN DIEGO – No one has hit the Powerball jackpot since November 2015, meaning Wednesday’s $450 million jackpot is the largest in nearly a year–and the fourth largest jackpot in Powerball history.
The California Lottery said earlier Tuesday the jackpot had hit $450 million. The last time players had a chance to win that much was February 2015.
Here are the six largest jackpots in Powerball history:
- $590 million May 2013 (won in Florida – record Powerball jackpot)
- $587 million in November 2012 (won in Arizona and Missouri)
- $564 million in February 2015 (split by three tickets in Texas, Puerto Rico and North Carolina)
- $450 million (estimated) in January 2015
- $448 million in August 2013 (won in Minnesota and New Jersey)
- $425 million in February 2014 (won in California)