EL CAJON, CALIF. – A heater may have sparked a blaze at an El Cajon apartment building leaving five residents displaced.
Fire crews were dispatched to an apartment fire shortly before 9 a.m., near the 800 block of North Mollison Avenue near Broadway, according to Heartland Fire & Rescue Department dispatcher.
The fire was extinguished within twenty minutes.
According to Heartland Fire dispatcher the fire started from a heater inside the residence.
No one was injured.
The American Red Cross was notified to assist four adults and one child displaced by the fire.
The incident remains under investigation.