FOX 5 KSWB offers a variety of paid internship opportunities for students interested in careers in broadcast television. Our internship program provides students hands-on experience working with talented broadcast professionals. In addition, interns may earn the chance to shadow news crews in the field and produce their own intern newscast. Currently there are opportunities to intern in the following departments:
News interns will learn the basics of news writing and/or have the opportunity to apply classroom writing skills in a real newsroom. Interns will help with script writing, script formatting, segment producing, guest coordinating, and logging sound bites. They’ll also help the assignment desk make phone calls to research stories and learn writing for the Web. Interns will receive feedback from seasoned news writers, producers and reporters to improve writing and communication skills. Interns may also get the opportunity to work on an intern newscast — anchoring, reporting, producing and writing their own show as a special project.
- Fall Semester (August – December) Deadline to Apply: July 15
- Spring Semester (January – May) Deadline to Apply: November 15
- Summer Semester or Quarter (June – August) Deadline to Apply: March 17
- Students currently enrolled at an accredited college, university or technical school are encouraged to apply
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours/week
How to apply:
- Fill out our online application. The form allows you to upload the documents requested below.
- Upload a cover letter.
- Upload your resume.
- Upload a copy of your most recent transcript (optional).
Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
FOX 5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer