Fire causes gas leak, forces 3 people from home

A fire truck outside a City Heights home where flames and a gas leak forced residents outside.

SAN DIEGO — Flames ripped through in a home in City Heights Monday morning, causing a gas leak.

The fire started around 1:30 a.m. at the house on Euclid Avenue just north of University Avenue. Firefighters quickly got control of the flames but the fire damaged gas meters for the building. That forced authorities to shutdown gas service while San Diego Gas & Electric made repairs.

Three people living in the home were unharmed but left without a place to stay while they assessed the damage to their home. Red Cross was called to help them find temporary shelter.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.