Couple taken to burn center after fire ignites in kitchen

Two people injured in a stove fire in the Bay Terraces neighborhood were transported to a burn center Sunday afternoon.

SAN DIEGO — Two people were burned Sunday in a structure fire in the Bay Terraces neighborhood, the San Diego Fire Department said.

A stove fire started around 3 p.m. in the kitchen of a home on the 7500 block of Careybrook Lane, officials said. A woman caught fire first, and her husband was also injured by the flames when he rushed to help his wife.

The two victims were taken to a burn center. Details regarding the extent of their injuries were not immediately available.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.