SAN DIEGO -- Thursday, March 14 is National Pi Day, which celebrates π or pi -- the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter -- on a date appropriately abbreviated 3/14.
Locally, we swung by Pop Pie Co., where there was a line out the door for the restaurant's Pi Day specials. That included a free pot pie for the first 50 people in the door and $3.14 local craft beers.
And we've rounded up some other deals to help you celebrate the mathematical constant. Below is a list of restaurants offering deals:
- BJ's Restaurants and Brewhouse: Mini one-topping pizzas for $3.14
- Blaze Pizza: $3.14 whole pizzas
- Boston Market: Buy one pot pie and a drink, get a pot pie free with this coupon
- California Pizza Kitchen: $3.14 slice of key lime pie
- Pieology: Buy one artisan thin crust pizza, get another for $3.14
- Whole Foods: Get a large bakery pie for $3.14 off the normal sale price (plus an additional 10 percent off for Amazon Prime members)
- 7-Eleven: Order a whole pizza from 7-Eleven's 7Now app and a get a whole pie for $3.14