Fire forces evacuation at Del Mar restaurant

DEL MAR, Calif. — A fire forced patrons and employees at a Del Mar Mexican restaurant to evacuate during dinner Saturday night.

The fire broke out at the Tio Leo’s restaurant on Valley Center Drive around 6:30 p.m., according to San Diego Fire-Rescue. Firefighters were called to the scene and had the flames knocked down by shortly after 7 p.m.

The fire was caused by an electrical issue, officials said. No one was hurt.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.