Share your weather pictures with FOX 5

Candle blamed for damaging garage in Chollas View fire

SAN DIEGO – A garage fire sparked by a candle damaged to a Chollas View home Tuesday, authorities said.

Firefighters went to the 700 block of 47th Street shortly before 8:10 a.m. and kept the flames from spreading from the attached garage into the rest of the house, San Diego Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.

It took about 25 minutes to extinguish the blaze, which caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the garage and $50,000 to its contents, Munoz said.

Officers closed northbound and southbound 47th Street between F and Market streets until around 9:20 a.m., San Diego public-affairs Officer Billy Hernandez said.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.