Gas leak causes students to be evacuated in Vista

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VISTA, Calif. -- A gas leak in Vista prompted a middle school to be evacuated and homeowners were told to shelter-in-place Wednesday.

A construction worker hit a 3-inch gas line around 10:30 a.m. at 740 Olive Avenue, near Maryland Drive.

A shelter-in-place warning was issued for homes and Vista Innovation & Design Academey (formerly Washington Middle School) located within a 300-feet-radius of the leak around 11:30 a.m.,  according to the city of Vista.

No one has suffered any reported ill effects from the vapors, authorities said.

San Diego Gas & Electric crews were at the location working to control the leak.

It was unknown how long it would take to get fixed.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.