SAN DIEGO — San Diegans go the polls on Nov. 6 to vote for governor and a long list state and local candidates and propositions.
Polls open at 7 a.m.
Use the links below to make sure you are registered to vote, find your polling place, view your sample ballot and research the candidates and issues.
- CalMatters Guide to the Nov. 6 Election
- Voter’s Edge Election Information
- Check Your Registration Status
- Find Your Polling Place
- View Your Sample Ballot
- Mail Ballot Drop-off Locations
- Voter’s Edge – In-depth information about what’s on your ballot
- California Secretary of State Election and Voter Information
- San Diego County Registrar of Voters Election Information
- San Diego County’s “Hassle-free” Voting Experience
- San Diego Union-Tribune election endorsements
Here are some key dates up to and including Election Day:
First day mail ballots are available
Vote-by-mail ballot processing (signature checking) begins
Deadline to Register to Vote
Oct. 23 – Nov. 6
Conditional Voter Registration period. If you missed the registration deadline you may still register and vote only at the Registrar’s office.
Last day to sign up to be a mail ballot voter. Applications due by 5 p.m.
Nov. 3 – Nov. 4
Weekend Voting at the Registrar of Voters office. Open for voting 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days
Election Day – Polls are open 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. Registrar of Voters Office is open for voting 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.