No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchase Does Not Improve Chances of Winning.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The FOX 5 L.A. Rams Ticket Giveaway (hereafter, “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of San Diego County who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry and have a valid driver’s license or government issued I.D., void elsewhere and wherever prohibited. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of KSWB, Inc (FOX 5) (“Sponsor”), Tribune Media, The Los Angeles Rams, LLC, the Los Angeles Chargers, Supercuts, the NFL Parties (defined as NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Properties LLC, the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL International LLC, NFL Productions LLC), and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (hereafter collectively, “Released Parties”), and each such individual’s immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, children (including step-children), grandchildren, (including step grandchildren), husband, wife and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Any entry submitted by such individuals shall be void and ineligible to claim any prize award. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. Winners who have won any prize from FOX 5 within the last ten (10) days before the Sweepstakes period begins are ineligible and will be disqualified. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins 5:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Monday, August 27, 2018 and ends 8:30:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 (hereafter, “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Visit http://www.fox5sandiego.com during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the Contests tab and accurately complete the entry form for your chance to win. Limit one (1) entry per person and e-mail address will be accepted for the duration of the Promotion Period. Or enter to win at any of the 57 Supercut locations in San Diego County. Additional entries received from the same person or e-mail address more than the stated limitation will be void. The use of third-party software or web site to participate is prohibited. Sponsors clock will be the official timepiece of the sweepstakes. Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different addresses, identities or registrations, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, robotic, repetitive, programmed or similar entry methods or agents to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Facsimile and mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any participation, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The potential winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized account holder. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries will not be judged but must adhere to the entry guidelines indicated herein, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
4. DRAWING: Sponsor will select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing on Wednesday, September 12, 2018. Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners by phone. Each potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) winner cannot be contacted/does not respond within 24 hours of Sponsors first notification attempt; (2) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; and/or (3) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsors decisions are final. Prizes must be picked up at the FOX 5 offices (during normal business hours) or could be mailed to winner, at Sponsors discretion. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate random drawings will be held, time-permitting, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
5. THE PRIZE: One winner shall receive two (2) game tickets to the Los Angeles Chargers v. Los Angeles Rams home game on September 23, 2018 at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The Contest prize will be awarded as described above which includes the approximate retail value (ARV) of $300.00. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of such prize will not be awarded. Certain terms and conditions may apply to the Prize. The Contest winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their home to the Rams home game, including any costs for transportation and parking. The Contest winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges surcharges or federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, and meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of any Prize. Sponsors make no warranties, and hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Prizes are non-transferrable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by winner. Sponsor(s) reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Winner and guest must comply with all Rams and Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum rules and regulations. All Prize details are at Sponsor(s)’s sole discretion. Any prize winner may be required to to complete and return, within five (5) business days of date of receipt a W-9 form, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (where permitted). If the prize is forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation and prize will remain the property of Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
6. Release: In exchange for the right to participate in the Sweepstakes, the winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, network connections or incomplete or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. All entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, quotes, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter invented, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, any other promotion or applicable law, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person fully permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering the Sweepstakes and accepting a prize, each winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or prize-related activity. Each winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or the prize provider have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner (and/or his/her guest, if applicable) from any activity at any time if the winner’s (and/or his/her guest’s) behavior at any point (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (iii) may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or a prize provider; or (iv) otherwise violates the policies of the prize provider; and, in such a case, the winner will forfeit all remaining elements of the prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value as determined by Sponsor.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software whether originating with entrant, Sponsor, or any third party; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, misdirected, illegible, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, stolen, or postage due entries/mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, unless it is not possible to award another entry due to the date of discontinuance for any or all the prizes offered herein. In the event of a discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance, and in no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA.
12. COPY OF THE RULES can be obtained during the Sweepstakes Period at FOX 5, 7191 Engineer Road, San Diego or at http://www.fox5sandiego.com
13. WINNERS LIST: For a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to L.A. Rams Ticket Giveaway, 7191 Engineer Road, San Diego 92111. Requests must be received by Friday, August 30, 2018. Winner’s names will not be posted on website.
14. SPONSOR: FOX 5, 7191 Engineer Road, San Diego, California 92111
15. © 2018 The Los Angeles Rams, LLC.
16. The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, including but not limited to The Los Angeles Rams, LLC, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions LLC, and NFL International LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way.
17. © 2018 NFL Properties LLC. All NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.