Rescan your antenna TV

Tortilla machine sparks early morning market fire

SAN DIEGO — A malfunctioning tortilla machine sparked a fire in a grocery store just south of Normal Heights early Wednesday, authorities reported.

The non-injury blaze at Pancho Villa Farmer’s Market, 3245 El Cajon Boulevard, erupted about 5 a.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

The occupants of the building evacuated before the arrival of firefighters, who had the flames under control within about 15 minutes, SDFRD spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.

The business, which offers Mexican breads, desserts, tortillas, chips and ceviche along with produce and other groceries, was able to open for business in the late morning, an employee said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.