Firefighters rescue man trapped in chimney

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO – Firefighters rescued a 23-year-old man who was trapped in the chimney of a Mira Mesa home, officials said.

The rescue began around 4 p.m. Wednesday and lasted around 45 minutes at the home in the 8600 block of Hydra Lane near Sagittarius Road, San Diego Fire-Rescue officials said.

The man reportedly told firefighters he lived at the home where he was rescued. He was taken to a hospital, but was not seriously injured, fire officials said.

It was not immediately clear how or why the man became lodged in the chimney.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.