3 familiar faces, 2 newcomers in race for District 4 supervisor
SAN DIEGO – Five candidates are running to replace termed-out Supervisor Ron Roberts in San Diego County’s District 4 in the June 5 primary.
Roberts has represented District 4, which includes most residents living in and around the city of San Diego, since 1994. Because of term limits, he cannot run again.
Currently, the five Board of Supervisors are Republican and their seats have traditionally been filled by Republicans. There are five Board of Supervisors, but only Districts 4 and 5 are on the June 5 ballot. The other three districts were on the 2016 ballot.
Below you’ll find a guide to the candidates with links to their campaign websites.
- Bonnie Dumanis (Rep.), former San Diego County District Attorney
- Nathan Fletcher (Dem.), former State Assemblyman
- Ken Malbrough (Dem.), retired Deputy Fire Chief
- Omar Passons (Dem.), attorney, youth advocate
- Lori Saldana (D), former State Assemblywoman and former San Diego City Councilwoman