Rescan your antenna TV

Man sets his home on fire trying to garden with a torch

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO -- A man accidentally set his Clairemont home on fire while trying to kill weeds in his front yard Sunday morning, investigators said.

The man was using a handheld propane torch in front of his property on the 4500 block of Clairemont Avenue when his bushes caught fire and spread to his home, fire officials said.

San Diego Fire Department contained the small blaze quickly, and it primarily burned the home's attic. No one was injured.

Aspiring green thumbs should note that it is against the law to use an open flame during yard work.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.