Ammunition in garage fuels house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SANTEE, Calif. -- Crews responded Friday to a fire that broke out at a house for sale in Santee.

The blaze, which started in the garage, was reported at 5:17 p.m. in the 8400 block of Desiree Lane.

The owner was home at the time but safely escaped and was not injured.

A neighbor trying to help was taken to UC Medical Center to be treated for burns on his hand.

Neighboring homes were evacuated.