Watch Live: Democratic Presidential Debate in Ohio

Discarded cigarette sparks Mission Hills house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO — A discarded cigarette in an exterior planter box sparked a fire that caused about $60,000 in damage to a Mission Hills home early Wednesday.

Residents of the two-story home on Hortensia Street near Pine Street called for help around 2:30 a.m. after the fire had spread to a wall and attic, according to San Diego Fire-Rescue Capt. Joseph Amador.

Firefighters had the blaze knocked down in about 30 minutes and no one was hurt, Amador said.

Google Map for coordinates 32.755142 by -117.184464.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.