House fire leaves two homeless

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO — It took firefighters less than 15 minutes to extinguish a house fire Saturday morning in Valencia Park that caused about $35,000 in damage and was started by faulty electrical wiring, according to authorities.

Smoke and flames were seen coming from the rear of a single-story house in the 5300 block of Coban St. at about 9:30 a.m., said San Diego Fire Rescue Capt. Joe Amador.

“Damages were confined to one bedroom due to the great job by firefighters,” Amador said. “The rest of the house is salvageable.”

Two adults got out safely and were being assisted by the American Red Cross to find temporary housing, Amador said.

No injuries were reported among the 25 firefighters who responded to the scene.