SAN DIEGO — The San Diego Chargers will open the 2016 NFL season Sept. 11 at Kansas City and play host to the Jacksonville Jaguars Sept. 18 at Qualcomm Stadium in their home opener.
Other home opponents, which were previously announced, are New Orleans (Oct. 2); Denver (Oct. 13); Tennessee (Nov. 6); Miami (Nov. 13); Tampa Bay (Dec. 4); Oakland (Dec. 18) and Kansas City (Jan. 1).
The other road opponents are Indianapolis (Sept. 25); Oakland (Oct. 9); Atlanta (Oct. 23); Denver (Oct. 30); Houston (Nov. 27); Carolina (Dec. 11); and Cleveland (Dec. 24), according to the 2016 schedule released by the NFL Thursday.
The home game against the defending Super Bowl champion Broncos is on a Thursday night and will be the team’s only planned prime time appearance. The game at Cleveland will be on a Saturday.
The bye week takes place Nov. 20, after the two back-to-back home games.
San Diego Chargers 2016 Schedule Announced.
- August 13 at Tennesse Titans
- August 19 vs Arizona Cardinals
- August 28 at Minnesota Vikings ** (FOX)
- September 1 vs San Francisco 49ers
- September 11 at Kansas City Chiefs
- September 18 vs Jacksonville Jaguars
- September 25 at Indianapolis Colts
- October 2 vs New Orleans Saints ** (FOX)
- October 9 at Oakland Raiders
- October 13 vs Denver Broncos
- October 23 at Atlanta Falcons ** (FOX)
- October 30 at Denver Broncos
- November 6 vs Tennessee Titans
- November 13 vs Miami Dolphins
- November 27 at Houston Texans
- December 4 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers ** (FOX)
- December 11 at Carolina Panthers ** (FOX)
- December 18 vs Oakland Raiders
- December 24 at Cleveland Browns
- January 1 vs Kansas City Chiefs