Amber Alert canceled after mother, toddler found safe

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Luis Avalos (Photo: Los Angeles Police Department)

LOS ANGELES — An Amber Alert issued for an 18-month-old boy and his mother, who were allegedly abducted by the boy’s father, was canceled Monday night after mother and son were found safe, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Sabrina Sanchez, 22, and her son, Ayden, were allegedly abducted around 1:15 p.m. outside a home in the 10400 block of South Hoover Street in the Vermont Vista section of South Los Angeles. The two were found around 11 p.m. at the same location where the abduction occurred, LAPD Officer Mike Lopez told KTLA.

Earlier in the day, Sanchez and the boy were in a car with the child’s father, Luis Avalos, when the couple got into an argument, Lopez said. Sanchez got out of the car and started to walk away after throwing her phone and purse at Avalos, Lopez said. When she realized she forgot her son, Sanchez went back to the car. Avalos then punched Sanchez and dragged her back into the car through the window and took off, according to Lopez.

Her mother witnessed the confrontation and heard her daughter scream, “Let me go!” according to a news release from the LAPD.

Officers used the victim’s cellphone, which was left behind at the scene to call the suspect.Luis Avalos

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.