During a news conference Thursday morning, prosecutors labeled the six people suspected of being the "Open-Door Bandits" and said more charges had been added. State prosecutors added one count of conspiracy and two counts of residential burglary for four of the six defendants.
The newly added break-ins happened on Feb. 11, the same day and area as home invasions in Carmel Mountain Ranch and Sabre Springs, said Deputy District Attorney Jalyn Wang.
"We arraigned all of the defendants on a new amended complaint that added three new charges to four of the six defendants," Wang said.
A June 6 preliminary hearing has been set Thomas James Smith, Aaron David Rico III, Aaron David Rico V, Victor Fransisco Harvey, Stephen Ramon Gomez and Robin Elizabeth Shawver.
The maximum sentence for each is below:
Smith: 270 years to life in prison
Rico III: 46 years, 8 months to life in prison
Rico V: 46 years, 8 months to life in prison
Gomez: 36 years to life in prison
Harvey: 17 years, 8 months
Shawver: 11 years