Trolley frequency will vary from 7.5 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the time, with service at the highest immediately before and after the events, according to the Metropolitan Transit System. The last trains to leave downtown will be:
- Green Line to Santee at 1:08 a.m. from the Gaslamp Quarter Station
- UC San Diego Blue Line to San Ysidro at 12:36 a.m. from the Fifth Ave. station
- Orange Line to El Cajon at 12:25 a.m. from the Fifth Ave. station.
The San Diego Mardi Gras Parade and Celebration takes place Saturday from 5 p.m. to midnight. The main gates are at 5th Ave. and Broadway and at 5th Ave. and K St.
Monster Jam begins at 7 p.m. at Petco Park and ends at about 9:30 p.m.
For people who want to take the trolley to either event, the best places to park are:
- Qualcomm Stadium with 5,000 free parking spots
- Old Town Transit Center with 412 free parking spots
- Palm Ave. station with 499 free parking spots
- Spring Street Transit Center with 324 free parking spots