Stove explosion starts fire at City Heights home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO -- A City Heights family preparing for a housewarming party Friday instead found themselves looking for someplace else to stay after a fire erupted in their kitchen and spread through part of their home.

The non-injury blaze in the 3500 block of Altadena Avenue broke out shortly before 2 p.m., according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and flames pouring out of the single-story structure, SDFRD spokesman Lee Swanson said. It took the personnel about 20 minutes to get the blaze under control.

The American Red Cross was called in to help arrange interim housing for the displaced residents -- a woman and her three adult children, two of them daughters.

The family, who had lived in the home for about a month, told emergency crews the blaze began when their kitchen stove “kind of exploded on them'' as they were cooking in preparation for a get-together celebrating their move into the mid-city neighborhood, Swanson said.

Google Map for coordinates 32.742913 by -117.086287.

1 Comment

  • CameronMWagoner

    //up to I saw the paycheck of $5018, I didn’t believe …that…my best friend woz like realy erning money part time from their laptop.. there mums best friend started doing this less than 20 months and resantly paid the debts on their cottage and purchased a brand new Mazda. this is where I went…..

    ————> Click~Here~To~Read~More

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.