SAN DIEGO — Surveillance video was made public Friday in an attempt to identify a man suspected of shooting four people in Logan Heights last month.
The gunman approached the victims as they were standing near a vehicle parked along South Bancroft Street near Webster Avenue about 7:15 p.m. on July 18 and asked if they belonged to a gang, according to San Diego police and Crime Stoppers. He then pulled a gun from his pocket, opened fire and ran off.
All four men were wounded, but survived, authorities said.
Investigators believed that the gunman got out of a mid- to late 90s tan or beige Ford Taurus with three occupants seen in the area before the gunfire began. A surveillance camera in a nearby alley recorded his image as he passed by just prior to the shooting, police said.
Police described the suspect as a black man with a dark complexion and a light goatee. He was about 5 feet 5 and 225 pounds and was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and brown shorts.
Anyone with additional information was asked to call police at 619-531-2847. Anonymous tips can be submitted by contacting Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477 or via email at sdcrimestoppers.org.