Faulty sprinkler floods Carmel Mountain Ranch restaurant
SAN DIEGO – A Chinese restaurant was flooded Tuesday morning after the sprinkler system malfunctioned, the San Diego Fire Department said.
Firefighters arrived at the Dragon Chinese and Oriental Food restaurant in Carmel Mountain Ranch just after 1 a.m. Upon an investigation, they realized no fire was present despite the building’s ringing alarm.
The indoor sprinkler system was also activated and had fogged its windows and flooded the restaurant. No damage estimate was available.