Apartment fire displaces residents in El Cajon

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
House-fire-hydrant-sdfd

EL CAJON, CALIF. – A heater may have sparked a blaze at an El Cajon apartment building leaving five residents displaced.

Fire crews were dispatched to an apartment fire shortly before 9 a.m., near the 800 block of North Mollison Avenue near Broadway, according to Heartland Fire & Rescue Department dispatcher.

The fire was extinguished within twenty minutes.

According to Heartland Fire dispatcher the fire started from a heater inside the residence.

No one was injured.

The American Red Cross was notified to assist four adults and one child displaced by the fire.

The incident remains under investigation.