Fire damages Lemon Grove BBQ restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

hearland fire logo LEMON GROVE, Calif – A fire broke out Friday at a Lemon Grove restaurant, but nobody was hurt.

The blaze at Coop’s West Texas Barbeque at 2625 Lemon Grove Ave. was reported shortly before 9:30 a.m., according to a Heartland Fire & Rescue dispatcher, who said it began in a chimney.

The eatery was not open for business at the time.

A damage estimate was not immediately released.