FOX5SanDiego.com Live Video:
• FOX5 Morning News, Monday – Friday from 4:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• FOX5 News at 5, Monday – Friday from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• FOX5 News at 6, Monday – Friday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• FOX5 News at 10, daily from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• Breaking news and live events as they happen
Why do I see closed captions on the screen?
New FCC rules require that certain captioned programs broadcast on television be captioned when made available for streaming online. As we evaluate various technical options for presenting such captions across the numerous platforms and devices on which our broadcast content is available, we are currently using an open caption method to best ensure that our captions are available to all viewers, regardless what kind of computer, tablet or smartphone they watch us with. We continue to work on improving the captioning platform, including the possibility of offering viewers a way to turn captions off. In today’s regulatory environment, however, we believe our current approach will add value for many viewers – including those unaccustomed to captions. It will make it easier to enjoy our stream on a noisy train or in a cubicle at work, if a viewer cannot use headphones or speakers.