SAN DIEGO – ‘Hamilton’ presale tickets went fast, but you’ll have another shot at seeing the award-winning musical when more seats go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.
'Hamilton' runs from January 6-28 at the Civic Theatre. Prices are $75-$195, with some $595 premium seats available.
The best way to get tickets is online at www.broadwaysd.com or by downloading the Ticketmaster app.
If you plan to visit the theatre ticket office to buy tickets expect potentially long wait times, Broadway/San Diego said.
There is no word on how many tickets will be available.
Here are some tips from Broadway/San Diego to getting tickets:
TIPS WHEN PURCHASING TICKETS
- We recommend lining up at the box office and using the TM app on your smartphone
- Plan ahead for parking. Parking can be at a premium downtown during the week, so plan ahead and be aware most places will have their normal hourly parking rates. There is no special parking rate for the on sale. Parking is not available at Wells Fargo Plaza.
- Select several dates ahead of time if your first choice is unavailable
- For best availability look at dates after January 13th
- When searching for tickets online be sure to select your max price range. Otherwise Ticketmaster auto selects the BEST seats which are $595
- If only the higher priced tickets remain on a particular date try selecting other dates for lower prices
- Do not be logged into multiple devices at the same time, or refresh your browser too frequently, as this may cause the system to think you are a bot, and it will temporarily lock you out of your account.
- Once in the queue, do not log out of one device and onto another (i.e., laptop to mobile phone) as you will lose your place in line.
- Please-have ready: Photo ID, Credit Card (Visa, MC, or A/X), or Cash, and date preferences
- No tents or chairs will be permitted in line, and patrons may not swap out or hold places in line.
- Patrons are not permitted to purchase tickets and then re-enter the line.
- Being in line does not guarantee ticket availability.
- If a patron in line purchases the 4 tickets through alternative points of purchase (below), no further line wait is necessary.
- All HAMILTON ticket policy and limits apply.
- Tickets range from $75-$195 for regular performances, with select number of premium seats available on all performances for $595. There will be a lottery for thirty-five (35) $10 Orchestra seats for all performances. Details will be announced closer to the engagement.