Elderly couple rescued from burning home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. -- Chula Vista police officers rescued an elderly couple from their smoke-filled home early Monday.

The fire broke out in the 400 block of Windrose Way around 1:30 a.m. Fire officials believe the blaze started in the garage and filled the attached house with heavy smoke.

A police officer who assisted in the rescue was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

The couple, both 79 years old, were treated at the scene are are expected to be okay.