SAN DIEGO – A dog is being credited with saving his owner’s life after a fire broke out early Tuesday morning.
The Bay Park homeowner said his dog ran to him and was barking uncontrollably, alerting him to an electrical fire in the garage.
Crews rushed to the home in the 3500 block of Ethan Allen Drive around 6 a.m. Firefighters had to cut a hole in the roof to knock out the flames.
The fire reportedly caused about $100,000 in damage to the home and garage.
The Red Cross is assisting three residents and two dogs.