ESCONDIDO, Calif. – Escondido has eased up on watering restrictions, now allowing residents to water their lawn any day between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
City council voted Wednesday to remove assigned watering days.
Customers are still encouraged to use water wisely. Some prior restrictions still apply:
- Leaks and line breaks must be repaired as soon as they are discovered.
- Eliminate excessive runoff from over watering.
- Irrigate landscapes between the hours of 6 p.m. and 10 a.m.
- Fountains must re-circulate the water.
- Washing any vehicle with a hose not having a water shut-off nozzle is prohibited.
- Washing hardscape with a hose or other pressurized source is prohibited.
- Watering or irrigating outdoor landscaping with potable water during rainfall or within 48 hours if rainfall is prohibited.
- Hotel or motel must provide guests with the option not to have towels and/or linens laundered daily.
- Restaurants or other places where food is served will not serve drinking water to customers unless requested by the customer.