Seau’s family can’t speak at Hall of Fame induction

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SAN DIEGO – The family of Junior Seau will not be allowed to speak at the ceremony inducting the former Chargers linebacker into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in August, the New York Times reported.

A Hall of Fame representative said the decision has nothing to do with a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Seau's family against the NFL in 2013. In recent years, only living inductees have been introduced by family members, the representative said. Posthumous inductions like Seau are introduced by a video presentation, according to the representative.

Seau would have wanted his daughter, Sydney, to introduce him at the ceremony, according to family members. She told the Los Angeles Times that she was not planning on mentioning the lawsuit.

“It’s frustrating because the induction is for my father and for the other players, but then to not be able to speak, it’s painful,” Sydney Seau told the Times. “I just want to give the speech he would have given. It wasn’t going to be about this mess. My speech was solely about him.”

UPDATE [July 25, 2015]:

1 Comment

  • JohnESalisbury

    /my buddy’s half-sister makes $67 hourly on the internet . She has been laid off for nine months but last month her payment was $20549 just working on the internet for a few hours. see this website >>>> Read More

Comments are closed.